Backlink keyword analysis is the process of reviewing keywords used in the anchor text of the backlink pointing to a specific website.
Anchor text represents clickable text within a hyperlink.
By analyzing the keywords used in the backlink, you can gain insight into the relevance and authority of the link page and the overall SEO strength of the website.
Some key steps involved in analyzing backlink keywords
Backlink Data Collection
Use tools such as Google Search Console, Ahrefs, Mozilla, or SEMrush to collect data from backlinks pointing to websites. These tools provide information about the anchor text used in the backlink.
- Google Search Console : If you have verified ownership of your website in Google Search Console, you can access the “Links” or “External Links” section to view a list of websites that link to your site. While this data may not be as comprehensive as that from specialized backlink analysis tools, it provides valuable insights.
- Backlink Analysis Tools : Tools like Ahrefs, Moz, SEMrush, Majestic, and Open Site Explorer offer extensive backlink data. These tools crawl the web, index websites, and provide detailed information on backlinks, including anchor text, referring domains, and link quality metrics.
- Competitor Analysis : Analyzing the backlinks of your competitors can provide valuable insights into their link building strategies. Tools like Ahrefs and SEMrush allow you to enter a competitor’s domain and view their backlink profile, helping you discover potential link opportunities.
- Manual Searching : Conducting manual searches on search engines using advanced search operators can help you find websites that have linked to your site. You can use queries like “link:yourwebsite.com” or “site:yourwebsite.com” to see the indexed pages that contain backlinks.
- Backlink Monitoring Tools : Once you have initially collected backlink data, you can use tools like Ahrefs’ Site Explorer, Moz’s Link Explorer, or SEMrush’s Backlink Audit to monitor new backlinks as they are discovered. These tools can alert you to new backlinks and provide regular updates on your backlink profile.
Remember, backlink data collection requires ongoing monitoring and analysis to stay up-to-date with any changes. Different tools may have varying levels of accuracy and comprehensiveness, so it’s often beneficial to use a combination of methods to obtain a comprehensive view of your backlink profile.
Compile Anchor Text
Extracts anchor text from backlink data and compiles it into a list. This provides a comprehensive view of the keywords used in anchor text.
- Gather backlink data : Use tools like Google Search Console, Ahrefs, Moz, SEMrush, or any other backlink analysis tool to gather the backlink data for your website.
- Export or extract the data : Export or extract the backlink data from the chosen tool in a format that allows you to easily access and manipulate the information. This can be in the form of a CSV, Excel file, or any other suitable format.
- Identify anchor text : Look for the column or field in the backlink data that corresponds to the anchor text. In most tools, this will be a specific column labeled “Anchor Text” or something similar.
- Compile the anchor text : Create a list or spreadsheet where you can compile all the anchor text found in the backlink data. Go through each backlink entry and extract the anchor text used in the hyperlinks.
- Remove duplicates : Check for any duplicate anchor text entries and remove them from the compiled list. This will ensure that each anchor text is only counted once.
- Group similar anchor text : Group together similar or related anchor text variations. For example, if you have anchor text variations like “best SEO services,” “top SEO services,” and “affordable SEO services,” you can group them under a single category like “SEO services.”
- Analyze the compiled data : Once you have compiled the anchor text, you can analyze the data to gain insights. Look for patterns, identify frequently used keywords or phrases, and evaluate the relevance and diversity of the anchor text. This analysis can help you understand the keyword associations and themes surrounding your backlinks.
By compiling and analyzing the anchor text from your backlink data, you can gain valuable insights into the keywords and phrases used by other websites when linking to your site. This information can be helpful for optimizing your SEO strategy, understanding the context of your backlinks, and identifying opportunities to improve your search engine rankings.
Analyze keyword distribution
analyzes the frequency and distribution of keywords in anchor text. Locate the pattern and identify the most commonly used keywords. This analysis allows you to determine the keywords associated with the website through the backlink.
- Compile the anchor text : As mentioned earlier, compile the anchor text from your backlink data into a list or spreadsheet.
- Remove stop words : Remove common stop words like “and,” “the,” “in,” etc., from the anchor text. These words usually do not contribute much to keyword analysis.
- Create a keyword frequency table : Count the frequency of each keyword in the anchor text and create a keyword frequency table. This table will help you visualize the distribution of keywords used in the backlinks.
- Identify top keywords : Identify the keywords with the highest frequency in the anchor text. These are the keywords that are most commonly associated with your website through backlinks.
- Analyze keyword prominence : Apart from frequency, assess the prominence of keywords in the anchor text. Prominence refers to the positioning of keywords within the anchor text, such as at the beginning, middle, or end. Consider if the keywords appear as standalone phrases or are part of longer phrases.
- Look for variations and synonyms : Identify variations and synonyms of your target keywords in the anchor text. This analysis can provide insights into the diversity of anchor text and the different ways people refer to your content or website.
- Evaluate keyword relevance : Evaluate the relevance of the keywords used in the anchor text to your website’s content, products, or services. Ensure that the keywords align with your SEO strategy and target audience.
- Assess keyword saturation : While analyzing the keyword distribution, be mindful of keyword stuffing, where a keyword is excessively used in the anchor text. Search engines may consider this as spammy or manipulative. Aim for a natural distribution of keywords.
By analyzing the keyword distribution in the anchor text, you can gain insights into the most frequently associated keywords and their prominence in backlinks. This information can help you understand the keyword context of your backlinks and refine your SEO strategy accordingly.
Keyword Relevance Assessment
Evaluate the relevance of keywords to the content and target users of the website. Determines whether the keyword matches the SEO strategy and the topic to be ranked.
Check Keyword Diversity to see if there are a range of keywords used in anchor text. The natural backlink profile consists of a variety of keywords rather than focusing on a few specific keywords.
- Understand your website’s content : Have a clear understanding of the topics, themes, and keywords that are relevant to your website’s content. This includes the products, services, or information you provide.
- Review your target keywords : Identify the primary target keywords that you want your website to rank for in search engine results. These keywords should reflect the core topics and offerings of your website.
- Analyze anchor text keywords : Examine the keywords used in the anchor text of your backlinks. Compare them to your target keywords and evaluate their relevance to your website’s content and offerings.
- Consider keyword context : Look at the context in which the keywords are used within the anchor text and the linking pages. Determine if the keywords accurately represent the content they are linking to and if they provide valuable context to users.
- Assess topical alignment : Evaluate whether the keywords used in the anchor text align with the overall topics and themes of your website. Ensure that the linked pages are relevant to the keywords and provide meaningful information to visitors.
- Evaluate audience alignment : Consider your target audience and their search intent. Are the keywords in the anchor text likely to be used by your target audience when searching for content or products similar to what your website offers?
- Analyze linking domains : Assess the authority and relevance of the linking domains from where the backlinks originate. Evaluate if the linking websites are within your industry or niche and if they have a good reputation.
- Avoid irrelevant or spammy links : Identify any backlinks with anchor text keywords that are irrelevant, spammy, or unrelated to your website’s content. Such links can potentially harm your SEO efforts and should be disavowed or removed if possible.
By conducting a thorough assessment of keyword relevance in backlinks, you can ensure that the anchor text and linked pages align with your website’s content and target audience. This helps in building a strong and relevant backlink profile that positively impacts your search engine rankings and organic visibility.
Keyword Competition Assessment
Consider the competitiveness of keywords used in the backlink. Evaluate the difficulty of ranking keywords and the level of competition in search results.
- Identify target keywords : Start by identifying the target keywords you want to rank for. These should be relevant to your website’s content, products, or services.
- Conduct keyword research : Use keyword research tools like Google Keyword Planner, Ahrefs, SEMrush, or Moz to gather data on search volume, keyword difficulty, and competition level for your target keywords. These tools can provide insights into the competitiveness of each keyword.
- Analyze search volume : Evaluate the search volume for each keyword. Higher search volumes often indicate higher competition, as more websites and businesses are likely targeting those keywords.
- Examine the top search results : Manually search for your target keywords on search engines and examine the top-ranking websites. Assess the quality, relevance, and authority of those websites. Determine if they are well-established, authoritative, and have strong backlink profiles.
- Evaluate domain authority : Check the domain authority of the top-ranking websites using tools like Moz’s Domain Authority or Ahrefs’ Domain Rating. Higher domain authority suggests stronger competition, as these websites have established credibility and influence in search engine rankings.
- Analyze backlink profiles : Assess the backlink profiles of top-ranking websites for your target keywords. Tools like Ahrefs or Moz can provide insights into the number and quality of backlinks. If the top-ranking websites have extensive and high-quality backlink profiles, it indicates strong competition.
- Consider on-page optimization : Evaluate the on-page optimization of the top-ranking websites. Assess factors like keyword usage, content quality, user experience, and site structure. Strongly optimized websites may pose higher competition.
- Evaluate paid search competition : Look at the paid search landscape for your target keywords. If there are many advertisers bidding on these keywords in platforms like Google Ads, it suggests a competitive environment.
- Consider your own resources : Assess your own website’s resources, including content quality, backlink profile, and overall SEO capabilities. Determine if you have the resources and capabilities to compete with the top-ranking websites for specific keywords. 백링크, 키워드분석
By evaluating keyword competition, you can prioritize your SEO efforts, focus on less competitive keywords, or develop a strategy to outrank your competitors. It’s important to strike a balance between targeting competitive keywords and choosing less competitive ones to achieve a favorable ranking position in search engine results.
Keyword trend monitoring
Watch for new keyword trends or changes in anchor text patterns. This enables you to align your SEO strategy and take advantage of new opportunities.
Thorough backlink keyword analysis provides valuable insights into keywords related to backlinks on websites. This information can guide you through SEO efforts, content creation, and overall link building strategies to improve search engine rankings and organic visibility on your website.
- Keyword Research Tools : Utilize keyword research tools like Google Trends, Ahrefs’ Keyword Explorer, SEMrush, or Moz to explore keyword trends over time. These tools provide data on search volume, interest over time, and related queries for specific keywords.
- Set up Alerts : Set up alerts or notifications for your target keywords using tools like Google Alerts or Mention. This way, you’ll receive email updates whenever those keywords are mentioned online, allowing you to stay informed about the latest developments and trends related to them.
- Monitor Social Media : Keep an eye on social media platforms to identify emerging trends and discussions related to your target keywords. Platforms like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram can provide valuable insights into the current conversations and interests of your target audience.
- Analyze Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) : Regularly analyze the search engine results pages for your target keywords. Observe any changes in the types of content, featured snippets, or other elements that appear in the search results. This can indicate evolving trends or shifts in user intent.
- Stay Updated with Industry News : Stay connected with industry news, blogs, and forums to keep track of the latest developments and trends in your industry. Industry-specific publications, blogs, and online communities can provide insights into emerging topics and keywords.
- Engage in Online Discussions : Participate in relevant online discussions, forums, and communities to interact with your target audience and gain insights into their interests and needs. This can help you identify new keywords or topics that are gaining traction.
- Analyze Website Analytics : Regularly review your website analytics to identify any changes in keyword performance, search traffic, or user behavior. Monitor the keywords that are driving traffic to your website and track any shifts in their performance over time.
- Explore Related Topics and Queries : Use keyword research tools to identify related topics, queries, or long-tail keywords associated with your target keywords. Monitoring these related keywords can help you identify emerging trends or variations in search behavior.
By consistently monitoring keyword trends, you can adapt your SEO and content strategy to align with the changing interests and search behavior of your target audience. This allows you to stay ahead of the competition, capitalize on new opportunities, and maintain a strong online presence.